FIRE/PARAMEDIC SERVICE/POLICE EMERGENCY NUMBER – 911
La Vallee Fire & Emergency Service
Mission Statement: “La Vallee Fire & Emergency Service is committed to safely protecting life, property and the environment through Public Education, Fire Prevention Initiatives, and when all else fails, Emergency Response.”
1 Fire Chief
1 Station Chief
1 Training Officer
2 Public Education/Fire Prevention Officers
1 Front Line Pumper
1 Heavy Rescue equipped with Rescue tools including the “Jaws of Life”
- conduct annual door to door campaign providing fire and life safety education to residents;
- provide fire extinguisher training, home escape planning, smoke/carbon monoxide alarm education as well as other fire &
- life safety initiatives;
- inspections are completed by Request, Requirement or complaint at the current time;
- participate in the July 1st Parade with neighbouring departments and provide safety education for residents;
- take part in annual Crossroads School BBQ with water sports for the students;
- assist with the Emo Fair Booth for public education;
- and Open-Air Burning By-Law-safe burning initiative.
Working Together Initiatives
- Rainy River District Mutual Aid Program
- Chapple, Emo, La Vallee & Alberton Automatic Aid Agreement Program
Follow us on
Ontario Provincial Police
Local detachments located in Emo, Fort Frances and Rainy River.
24-hour coverage with full-time attendants.
The Township of La Vallee has three active cemeteries (Devlin, Boxalder and Burriss Cemetery) along with one inactive cemetery (St. Pat’s Cemetery). Should you require further information please contact the Municipal Office at 486-3452.
Land Fill Site: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
The landfill attendant is there to ensure that we are in compliance with the MOE and to ensure we get the most out of our landfill site. Landfill Site Access Cards are issued to all residents and landowners in the Municipality and must be in your possession when arriving at the site.
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Located in Emo a shared facility with Emo Municipality.
Phone: (807) 482-2575
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1:00pm-5:00p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 am-5:00pm, 7:00p.m – 9:00p.m.,
Saturday 10:00a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and closed on Sundays.
E-Magazines are available at this location.